Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Eclipse Bay by Jayne Ann Krentz

From Goodreads: Jayne Ann Krentz borrows from the legend of the Hatfields and McCoys and throws in a few echoes of Romeo and Juliet in her latest saga of romance and intrigue. Eclipse Bay is the first in what promises to be an exciting new trilogy. Death and desire walk hand in hand in the tiny town of Eclipse Bay, located along the rocky coast of Oregon. The steep cliffs and crashing waves are no less hazardous than the nasty secrets that many in town keep. And at the heart of it all is the generations-long rivalry and hostilities between two families: the Hartes and the Madisons.

I needed an "E" book for the A-Z Reading Challenge and before I had a chance to explore some suggestions, this audiobook fell in my lap and the lazy easy thing to do was just pop it in and listen! Despite being written in 2000, it took me straight back to the early '80's when I read lots of "sweeping sagas" with family feuds and romances. I gave it a 2 on Goodreads because it was fairly easy to tell where things were going with the romance right from the first minute so the convulated path it took just felt contrived. The characters were very soap-opera like - the good girl, the bad boy, the eccentric aunt - no one who I really related to and liked. But, I spend so much time in the car that I am over being picky, it was "listenable" and I enjoyed it for what it was!




1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I don't think it's for me.