Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber

From Goodreads: Four lives knit together ...There's a little shop on Blossom Street in Seattle called A Good Yarn. You go there to buy knitting supplies and patterns -- and now it's offering a knitting class. The first lesson: how to knit a baby blanket.
For owner Lydia Hoffman, the shop represents her dream of beginning a new life free from the cancer that has ravaged her twice. A life that offers a chance at love ... and maybe marriage.
Jacqueline Donovan is stuck in a marriage that has dwindled into an arrangement of separate rooms and separate lives. She disapproves of the woman married to her only son, but if she knits a baby blanket, she can at least pretend to like her pregnant daughter-in-law.
For Carol Girard, the baby blanket brings a message of hope as she and her husband make a final attempt at in vitro pregnancy.
And tense-looking Alix Townsend -- that's Alix with an "i" -- is learning to knit her blanket for her court-ordered community service project.
Brought together by an age-old craft, these four women make unexpected discoveries -- about themselves and each other. Discoveries that lead to love, to friendship and acceptance, to laughter and dreams.


I randomly bought an audiobook at a tag sale like I have done a hundred times but this was different because I accidentally stumbled onto the FIRST book of a series rather than something in the middle - hooray! I really enjoyed this one! It was fairly predictable (actually that should probably say VERY predictable - I think I knew how everyone's story would turn out within moments of beginning!) but for a listen in the car when I am only half paying attention, predictable is not a bad thing. I'm not going to go out and search for the next books in the series...it wasn't THAT good, but I will keep one eye open for them!

Here's the author's website.

This one counts for the following challenges..

The audiobook challenge is hosted by Teresa at Teresa's Reading Corner, click on the logo to see my progress.


I am trying to reach 100 books this year - I've never done it before although I have come very close, click on the logo to see how I am doing for this year!







Click on the logo to see my progress towards the 2012 A to Z Reading Challenge hosted by Strawberry Splash Reviews.

No comments: