Monday, January 16, 2012

Rumour Has It by Jill Mansell

From Goodreads: Newly single Tilly Cole impulsively moves to a small town, only to find she's arrived in a hotbed of gossip, intrigue, and rampant rivalry for the most desirable man-Jack Lucas, whose reputation is beyond bad. Tilly has no intention of becoming another notch on his bedpost. But she finds the thoughtful, caring guy she comes to value as a friend doesn't seem to fit the town's playboy image. Should she listen to her friends or her heart? Is Tilly being mature and sensible-or running away from the love of her life?

This one ended up being very fun - I think I have said that about most of the Jill Mansell books I have read. It was another bargain on Kindle so I snapped it up. I liked all the chacters in this story and I thought the twists and turns of the romantic comedy plot weren't quite as far fetched as they are in some other chick lit books. It wasn't just the single plot line of the romance driving things along, there were a few sub-plots and each held my interest on it's own.

My memory for what I read overall is poor, but on the Kindle, it's even worse. So this light, easy to read type book is just the kind of thing that is perfect for that electronic medium.

This works for these challenges:
The 2012 E-Book Reading Challenge is hosted by Sarah at Workaday Reads. Click on the logo to see my progress.





I am trying to reach 100 books this year - I've never done it before although I have come very close, click on the logo to see how I am doing for this year!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Mansell's books are fun! I have trouble remembering what I read electronically, too - I think that's why I don't read that way much.