Sunday, January 29, 2012

Getting Personal With God by Joyce Meyer

From Amazon: Getting Personal with God Excerpts from Three Classic Messages: HOW TO HEAR FROM GOD, KNOWING GOD INTIMATELY, AND SEVEN THINGS THAT STEAL YOUR JOY

This one was really good - probably because it was excerpts from three different books so I was getting just the best parts and not all the filler! The three CD's flew by and I enjoyed each one. Joyce Meyer is the most practical evangelist there is - so down to earth, I love that about her. And while I often don't like it when authors read their own work, with Joyce it works. That flat Midwestern accent just adds flavor for me. It maybe because it is non-fiction and she's not trying to introduce characters or set a mood. It's just Joyce, talking to me, reminding me to pray, telling me to read my Bible, and gently chastising me for trying to handle my problem son my own while God waits patiently for me to ask Him to help.

The audiobook challenge is hosted by Teresa at Teresa's Reading Corner, click on the logo to see my progress.


I am trying to reach 100 books this year - I've never done it before although I have come very close, click on the logo to see how I am doing for this year!

2 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

She has a way of putting things that make sense and are helpful.
Ann

carol said...

I liked the one Meyer book I read. This sounds like it might be a good one, like you said all the best parts without the filler.