Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's On Your Nightstand? February 2010

This monthly feature is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books on the last Tuesday of every month. Click on the logo to go and check out all the participants.








This is the same picture I used for my Mailbox Monday post a few weeks ago - I have made very little progress on this stack since that post! I have almost finished Cleaving and will try to put my post about it up this weekend for Beth Fish Read's Weekend Cooking event. The Thomas Jefferson is for the US President's Project, The French Mistress is for the Facebook Historical fiction Book Club. Book Of Fires is another Historical fiction and was a win from reviews by lola. Both of those would count for the Year of the Historical challenge if I was in a Historical fiction mood - which I am not. What is not in this pile but I still have every intention of reading in what is left of February are the two Judy Blume book I selected for the Shelf Discovery Challenge. Bermudaonion is hosting a mini-challenge of just Judy Blume this month and I want to get in on the action. I didn't necessarily want to buy them so I was thinking I might check them out of the library. That idea had a prerequisite which you can read about here - hanging head in shame.

Finally, I have a giveaway posted. It's Chicken Soup for the Soul; Living the Catholic Faith. It's a perfect book for Lenten reflection and the giveaway is open until the end of the month.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The Judy Blume challenge sounds fun!

I am so tempted by Cleaving, but I've read such mixed reviews on it. I'm not sure I could take the content.

hokgardner said...

That is quite a stack!

I'm reading The Hemmingses of Monticello and The Sea of Monsters right now. But most nights I fall asleep within five minutes of getting in bed, so I'm not making much progress.

Carrie said...

Same here with Cleaving - I've read some really negative reviews of it. I'd be curious for your thoughts on it when you are done.

morninglight mama said...

I'm with the others- I haven't heard good things about Cleaving, so I just figured I'd bypass the whole thing. (I didn't read J&J, either.)

Good luck with all your challenges!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Weekend cooking? That sounds interesting.

Here is my nightstand

bermudaonion said...

I'll be anxious to see what you think of Cleaving! I hope you do get a chance to read a couple of Judy Blume books!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I've seen several reviews for Cleaving; enjoy all of your books