Sunday, February 8, 2009

The One Man Band

Yesterday was a busy day. It was a classic example of me being "the one man band" and taking on too much. Not a single thing I did was very difficult - we had a Cub Scout function - there were some directions for the boys about what to do, ordering awards, preparing the food for the the Scouts and their families, printing off a few pages about upcoming events....nothing that was difficult, no rocket science. And with those little, not difficult things - I get into the thinking pattern that it is so easy that is just easier to do it myself rather than to try to explain to someone else how to do it. I think, "It would take longer to call and talk to Other Mom about ordering pizza, I can just stop by and order the pizza." "By the time I explain to Other Mom where to find the songs on the Internet and how many copies to print, I may as well just print them." The problem with this thinking is that it is NOT TRUE. There are only so many hours in the day, I cannot do it all even if it is all very simple little things. Every little thing takes time and I need to learn to ask for help.

No comments: