Saturday, January 31, 2009

Binging and Purging

I have been on a baking binge recently. In the past week or so I've made a three layer lemon cake, two pans of brownies, and a large batch of chocolate chip cookies. I've also done a few loaves of bread in the bread machine and a dozen blueberry muffins. All this baking is because I am trying to purge enough stuff from my pantry that I can actually see what is in the pantry. This is my road to hell right here - my good intentions as I shop...no need to buy the Otis Spunkmeyer muffins in all that excessive wrapping (even the ungreen me knows that is not good for our planet!), I'll just whip up a batch. I can walk by the bakery with it's pre-made cakes for sale, I'll make my own. Chips Ahoy?! No way - I can make chocolate chip cookies. (They don't compare to my mothers but that's another blog post)

The pantry is starting to look a little better except that now it would seem that I need to go on a pasta binge as I must have two boxes of every kind of noodle that Mueller's manufactures. But I (me, myself!)am looking a little worse. Just a pound so far but it's a pound in the wrong direction! I want the scale to move down - not up! When it comes to eating, I'm all for the binging, but not at all interested in the purging. I'd rather just let it settle and then binge again.

No comments: