Thursday, September 17, 2009

BBAW - A book I found


The book I found was The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. You can click on the title to read my review. It's a perfect example of the book blogging community impacting me. I can't remember which blog specifically mentioned it. I do remember that I just kept seeing the title over and over again on the reading lists for my very first challenge - Fall Into Reading hosted by Katrina over at Callapidder Days. (BTW - That challenge is about to start again if you are interested!) prior to reading those lists, it was not on my radar at all. I used to be a classroom teacher and knew what was up and coming in children's literature but when you're out, you're out, and I am O-U-T of the loop. When I read it and loved it, I had to go back to my online community to talk about it because no one around here had read it yet. So I recommended it to all of my Youngest's friends and then, felt very "in the know" describing this great new book to his teachers! All thanks to book bloggers!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I tried the Fall into Reading challenge last year and totally bombed. I'm glad you found a good book because of it.