Monday, May 25, 2009

What's On Your Nightstand? May 2009

This monthly feature is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books on the last Tuesday of every month. Click on the logo to go and check out all the particpants.



This is my first month particpating so I'll just jump right in with what's on my nightstand. Starting from the bottom, I have.....

John Adams...I have been working on this one forever for the U.S. President's Reading Project. It was also going to be my "J" book for the A-Z Reading Challenge but that challenge only lasts for the year so I went ahead and bought...

Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark. A mystery, of course, with a beautiful, brainy heroine, of course! It's a formula but the formula works for me - I enjoy Mary Higgins Clark. I'm pretty far into this one already so should finish it up tonight.

There are four possibilties in the pile for my "D" book. Not sure yet which one I am going to read...

The Devil in the Junior League by Linda Francis Lee sounds fun and light.

Double Take by Catherine Coulter is bound to be good - I've loved all of her's that I've read thus far.

Dry by Augusten Burroughs will probably be fascinating if a little bit icky...at least that is how I would describe his other book, Running With Scissors.

and Dear Mem Fox by Mem Fox interests me because Mem Fox was a favortie author when I taught first grade.

Finlly, Inkheart by Cornelia Funke is a children's book but the series was popular and it became a movie so I wanted to check it out. And, since it is a first in a series it will count towards the 1st in a Series Reading Challenge.

6 comments:

Janet said...

Glad you joined in!

I like Mary Higgins Clark too, formulas notwithstanding. John Adams is one I thought I'd like to read but haven't found the right time to undertake such a long one!

Elizabeth D. said...

Welcome! I've been curious about Devil in the Junior League, so I'm curious to see what you think of it. I enjoy a good frothy, fun novel every now and again.

Jolanthe said...

Can you believe I have *never* read a book by Mary Higgins Clark. :)

And I think I'd be stuck on the John Adams book right along with you! ;)

Jolanthe

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

It looks like you've got some good ones lined up for next month.

Have you read any of the Cat Who mysteries by Lillian Jackson Braun? Your reference to MH Clark reminded me of these because my dh and I used to listen to both authors on audiobooks when we traveled.

Shirley said...

I used to read Mary Higgins Clark all time but it's been a while. I'll have to check out the one you listed. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing what everyone has on their lists for the month. I hope to read Inkheart soon as well :-)