Sunday, February 12, 2012

Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens

From Goodreads: Zoe's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoe lost in her broken life. Zoe escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoe's autistic sister. After Zoe is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.

So bad, so very very bad....and yet there are 458 5-star reviews on Goodreads so maybe it's just me? I thought I would like this one because it has a family dealing with autism, a subject near and dear to my special education entrenched heart. But that was just a small part of the story. And it had teens doing bad things like drinking and drugs - hmm, a little bit of that around here these days as well (heavy sigh). But again - that was just a little part. It seemed like everything that interested me was just a side note to Zoe, the human girl, and Matthias, the angel, pining away for each other - yuck! It was torture to finish but I kept going thinking, "It has got to get better," but it never did. Needless to say I won't be picking up the next one in the series but the author needn't worry because hundreds of other folks will!

The 2012 E-Book Reading Challenge is hosted by Sarah at Workaday Reads. Click on the logo to see my progress.





I am trying to reach 100 books this year - I've never done it before although I have come very close, click on the logo to see how I am doing for this year!





Click on the logo to see my progress towards the 2012 A to Z Reading Challenge hosted by Strawberry Splash Reviews.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Sorry this didn't work for you.