Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Day of the Storm by Rosamunde Pilcher

From Goodreads: On the last day of her mother's life, Rebecca learns she has a family in Cornwall, and sets out to find the grandfather and cousin she has never known. But only the enigmatic Joss Gardner, the outsider who seems to be the apple of her grandfather's eye, can help her understand the dark currents that lie behind her family's loving reception.

After being dissapointed with Wild Mountain Thyme last month, I had to get back on the Rosamunde Pilcher horse and try again. I'm so glad I did; this one was a pleasure. The circumstances were fantastical - the death bed revelations, the stranger in an unexpected place and then, who would have thought, he turns up again in a completely different town - but a fun kind of fantastical. You just set aside disbelief and let the setting and sweetness of it all carry you through. Nice romance, gentle mystery, and a little family dysfunction - loved it!

I am trying to reach 100 books this year - I've never done it before although I have come very close, click on the logo to see how I am doing for this year!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I don't think I've ever tried this author.