Saturday, January 29, 2011

I Dare You by Joyce Meyer

From the Goodreads description: In I DARE YOU, Joyce Meyer explains that we all need a reason to get up everyday. We all need to reach for something beyond ourselves. Over the centuries, millions of people have asked, "What am I here for? What is my purpose?" We are born; we live; and we die. We cannot do anything about being born or dying, but we can do a lot about how we live. Taking responsibility for how we live takes courage. To accept life as it comes and to be determined to make the most we can out of it, is a challenge. Joyce challenges listeners to make sure they live their lives with purpose and passion.

This was your basic spiritual pep rally - pretty much exactly what I expected as I have listened to CD's of Joyce Meyer's books before. There was a little bit of a twist to this one in that she included some advice just for basic living, like what you would find in a women's magazine but with a spiritual slant on it. For example, she has a section on eating right and exercising, there was another section on working to make money, saving, paying down debt, and giving to charity. It was all good advice, we should do all of these things. And, in addition, as a faithful woman, I should do all the other stuff she pulls in, read the Bible, pray often and with fervor, trust in God and stop worrying - if only it were all as easy to do as just making a list. But it is all a struggle for me. Eating right, exercising, saving, and building a relationship with God - none of these things comes without effort. So the spiritual pep rally gives me a little jump start, will I do everything I should? Probably not. (Sigh.)

Counts for all sorts of challenges, click on the logos to see my progress...





No comments: