Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Psst...universe, I'm still here!

I haven't posted in forever as things have been hectic in real life! Hectic in a fairly good way though. Made the trip home this past weekend to visit my mom and dad. It was nice to see with my own eyes that Dad looks good - he is tolerating the chemo well and we are hoping for good results when he has his new scan done soon.

The kids all had Spring Break so that kept me busy trying to give them a little fun at the beach and such without totally abandoning work. Because I am the only person that does my job, if I take off, the children I see just don't get seen. So I am hesitant to take time off knowing I want to be free to go to my parents if things there take a turn for the worse. (Just explaining - not complaining - I love my job and it gives me a trememdous amount of freedom when I need it!) The blessing of living by the beach - you can go out for an afternoon and feel like you got plenty of surf and sun. It was actually much too chilly still for my taste but the boys are like the Canadien tourists - It's Spring and they're going swimming by God no matter how blue they turn!

The other time zapper has been the start of Spring soccer season. Yougest is playing for the rec league. Tween is playing for both the school and the rec league. So six practices a week and only one momma to drive = harried mother. The school and rec league only overlap for a few weeks so things will only be busy, busy for a short while. Then they'll be back to just plain busy.

I've been reading - actually more listening than reading with all the hours in the car...I'll try to get posts up at some point but have finished - Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea. by Chelsea Handler, Call of the Wild by Jack London, Life of Pi by Yann Martel, The Elephant in the Playroom by Denise Brodey, Middletown, America by Gail Sheehy, and Brick Lane by Monica Ali. I saw that Brick Lane has been made into a movie so may have to rent that one!

So that's life at the moment. I am reading your blogs but just not writing on mine!

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm glad your hecticness is a good hectic.

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

Glad to hear from you! I've been experiencing the same hecticness!